Foundation of Kindergarten and Primary School
Ewha Srang schools were founded to help educate the children of Cambodia, who suffered from the neglect of proper education under the communist Khmer Rouge rule. In consideration of the importance of education in the development of a country, Christian professors of Ewha Womans University have joined hands to support child education in Cambodia since 1999. They have sent educators to the local community ever since, and established schools in 2009 to raise creative and responsible future leaders of Cambodia.
School Construction Details
In order to contribute to the local society, Dr. Jeonghyo Kim decided to establish an elementary school in Srang region and raise global citizens through education. In April 2008, 50 million won was gathered for the construction of the school, and the construction blueprint was made in the following summer. With the business contracts with Karisel Inc. and GILL D&C, the construction was completed in 2009. Ewha Srang Elementary School & Kindergarten opened on August 21, 2009.
Ewha Srang Kindergarten and Primary School focuses on the basic capabilities and attitudes for the daily lives of the children and offers elementary education for their holistic growth.
- Foundation: October 21, 2009
- Founding Organization: The Volunteers for Educational Services in Asia
- Location: Ewha Srang Primary School, Tropeang Thmor village, Srang Commune, Kongpisey District, Kampong Speu Province, CAMBODIA
- School System: The school year starts every fall on November 1.
- Class: 2 kindergarten classes (68 students) and 6 primary school classes (192 students)